Earthway S15 Sprayer Review

The place for discussions about mowers, stripers, edgers, weeders, etc.
ericgautier
Grass Type: Front/Sides: Blueberry Monostand Back: TTTF+KBG
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Re: Earthway S15 Sprayer Review

Post by ericgautier » August 5th, 2016, 1:15 pm

Update: I had a "snafu" and accidentally deleted the video. But even though the email I sent Jeff bounced back, he replied back and will be sending some parts.

Earthway support FTW!

I will re-record a video though for him to see anyway.

JeffK
Grass Type: Tall Fescue

Post by JeffK » August 5th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Eric,
You will see that after buying an EarthWay product, it's like you become part of the family!
Jeff

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » August 5th, 2016, 3:08 pm

^^^ I so wish I had implemented that like button mod. :)

Sent from my iOS device using the Yard Help App

Pway
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by Pway » August 5th, 2016, 5:39 pm

[quote="JeffK"]Eric,
You will see that after buying an EarthWay product, it's like you become part of the family!
Jeff[/quote

I will say I have the Earthway sprayer and the one issue I had was quickly addressed by Jeff. I would have no hesitation purchasing their products.

ericgautier
Grass Type: Front/Sides: Blueberry Monostand Back: TTTF+KBG

Post by ericgautier » August 23rd, 2016, 8:20 pm

JeffK wrote:Eric,
Jeff
Jeff, Thanks again!!! I changed out the parts you sent today and WOW, what a difference. The issue was the Gearcase & Axle Assembly. The old one that I took out I could barely spin w/o the pump on it. :good:

oze
Grass Type: Northern mix transitioning to Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
Lawn Size: 3000-5000

Post by oze » April 3rd, 2017, 8:35 am

Sorry to bump such an old thread (and I don't know if Jeff from Earthway still visits here), but I wanted to add my two cents to the reviews here, since I used my S15 for the first time yesterday. First, especially with a completely full tank, pushing this thing is a workout--both upper and lower body! I'm in decent shape for my age, but I was pretty worn out after using it to apply Proxy and Primo to my smallish 6500 square foot lawn. I can't tell from reading this thread whether that is normal or not. I mean, it is not impossible to push, but it seems extremely tight to me.

Second, and this is a nit, I guess, but the fact that the last gallon of liquid is essentially unusable is very annoying to me. Luckily, I practiced with plain water in the driveway before using the sprayer for real, but by the time the level gets to a single gallon, the spray pattern drops off to a trickle. Frustrating and annoying, much like Mrs.oze's Keurig coffee maker.

Pway

Post by Pway » April 3rd, 2017, 8:22 pm

oze wrote:
April 3rd, 2017, 8:35 am
Sorry to bump such an old thread (and I don't know if Jeff from Earthway still visits here), but I wanted to add my two cents to the reviews here, since I used my S15 for the first time yesterday. First, especially with a completely full tank, pushing this thing is a workout--both upper and lower body! I'm in decent shape for my age, but I was pretty worn out after using it to apply Proxy and Primo to my smallish 6500 square foot lawn. I can't tell from reading this thread whether that is normal or not. I mean, it is not impossible to push, but it seems extremely tight to me.

Second, and this is a nit, I guess, but the fact that the last gallon of liquid is essentially unusable is very annoying to me. Luckily, I practiced with plain water in the driveway before using the sprayer for real, but by the time the level gets to a single gallon, the spray pattern drops off to a trickle. Frustrating and annoying, much like Mrs.oze's Keurig coffee maker.
OZe,

I have the S25 and I'm not sure if that is different from the S15. I like mine a lot. I sprayed part of my yard (about 18000 sq ft) a week or so ago. It is a workout but I think it goes well. You could load 3 or 4 gallons, go down to a gallon as you say, then load 3 or so more for the balance of the spray. That certainly reduces the weight. One thing to check is if the right wheel that drives the pump is spinning freely. Mine was a little tight this time when I got it out after winter. I contacted Jeff, who is extremely responsive, and he suggested I take off the three screws on the pump cover and use a hex wrench to spin the pump for a bit. I did it manually for a minute or two and it freed up the wheel perfectly. I think earlier in this thread someone suggested that the tank have a funnel like shape at the bottom and Jeff jumped in saying future designs will probably do that. Anyway, I don't use the last gallon or so but rather put it in a tank sprayer for some spot spraying. I like the S25 quite a bit.

oze

Post by oze » April 4th, 2017, 7:22 am

Thanks, Pway. I did email Earthway, and Jeff responded very quickly with an offer to send me a replacement pump. I am very pleased with Earthway's customer service. I also own a 2050P spreader, which I also love. Great people to do business with.

Pway

Post by Pway » April 4th, 2017, 7:34 am

oze wrote:
April 4th, 2017, 7:22 am
Thanks, Pway. I did email Earthway, and Jeff responded very quickly with an offer to send me a replacement pump. I am very pleased with Earthway's customer service. I also own a 2050P spreader, which I also love. Great people to do business with.
I too got a replacement pump a couple years back (no charge). You'd hope to not have to replace it but I wasn't charged and it was pretty easy to swap out. I never tried an electric backpack or boom sprayer but it sure beats my 2 gallon pump srayers for a blanket spray. I think the key is to not let it go below a gallon or so. I wonder if Jeff is working on an electric pump that could replace the wheel driven one on existing models? I know Chapman is coming out with a push sprayer with an electric pump so maybe Jeff will too.

oze

Post by oze » April 28th, 2017, 7:37 am

oze wrote:
April 3rd, 2017, 8:35 am

Update: Received a very quick response from Jeff at Earthway, who sent a replacement pump, which I just installed and used yesterday (easy peasy). What a difference!! Not only is the sprayer much easier to push, the tank now empties much more than it did, and the hand sprayer is primed and ready when I need it. Also, the hand sprayer still works with much less liquid in the tank than the sprayer itself. Now, I just leave any edge or spot spraying until last.

I can now happily give this sprayer my 100% A+ recommendation!