aug0211's Newbie Midwest Reno (Bewitched)

Discuss how to and whether you should renovate your lawn
HoosierLawnGnome
Grass Type: Blueberry KBG
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Re: aug0211's Newbie Midwest Reno (Bewitched)

Post by HoosierLawnGnome » August 12th, 2017, 10:43 pm

aug0211 wrote:
August 12th, 2017, 10:13 pm
Concerns beyond time and money?

I don't disagree whatsoever - but am curious to know if there are other concerns beyond the obvious. I haven't seen anything about over application of glypho but I may have missed it.
My concern would be residual amounts that stay in the soil long enough to damage emerging seedlings. There's a reason they picked X as the max amount as opposed to Y.

aug0211
Grass Type: I don't know
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by aug0211 » August 12th, 2017, 10:52 pm

Thanks TT and HLG.

I'm definitely not an expert like many of you are. It's my first reno. I spent months reading ahead of time and truly did my best to learn as much as I could by reading this forum - as well as others.

Hopefully, glypho acts solely as a post-m and not a pre-m. Have either of you two, or others, read about its usage as a pre-m? I understand that to be TT's concern - please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll begin researching again.

Either way, I'm grateful for everyone's continued input and help. I appreciate the constructive feedback.

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » August 12th, 2017, 11:14 pm

That's not my concern at all.

As I wrote, no one really knows the impact of massively over applying the product.

But its been my observation that those who have success renovating their lawns are those who are good at paying attention to detail (things like the proper application rates of a product).

It's not about being an expert. It's about being able to follow the label instructions on the container.

aug0211

Post by aug0211 » August 12th, 2017, 11:21 pm

turf_toes wrote:
August 12th, 2017, 11:14 pm
That's not my concern at all.

As I wrote, no one really knows the impact of massively over applying the product.

But its been my observation that those who have success renovating their lawns are those who are good at paying attention to detail (things like the proper application rates of a product).

It's not about being an expert. It's about being able to follow the label instructions on the container.
Ok, thanks, TT. That is helpful. I've been around long enough to know you've had great success - and had been hoping that you'd chime in here along the way with some advice for a rookie.

Any suggestions on what I can do at this point, beyond acknowledging the mistake I made?

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.

Post by turf_toes » August 12th, 2017, 11:29 pm

Nope.

I would not begin to know what to do. Any suggestion I make would be nothing more than a guess. Maybe it would help. But maybe it makes it worse or maybe it makes no difference.

But you've done something that no one here has ever done. My only suggestion would be to contact the company and ask them what they think you should do.

aug0211

Post by aug0211 » August 13th, 2017, 7:50 am

turf_toes wrote:
August 12th, 2017, 11:29 pm
Nope.

I would not begin to know what to do. Any suggestion I make would be nothing more than a guess. Maybe it would help. But maybe it makes it worse or maybe it makes no difference.

But you've done something that no one here has ever done. My only suggestion would be to contact the company and ask them what they think you should do.
There's an idea! Thanks!