Happy New Year and 2020 Changes in your Plans

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre
Level: Advanced

Happy New Year and 2020 Changes in your Plans

Post by andy10917 » January 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am

A Happy New Year to all !!!

Have you thought over what your 2020 plans and changes you want to make yet, and if so what are you planning to do?

PSU4ME
Grass Type: Front: Bewitched/Midnight/Everglade Back: Midnight/Diva/Everest
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Re: Happy New Year and 2020 Changes in your Plans

Post by PSU4ME » January 3rd, 2020, 9:21 am

Happy New Year Andy!

I have two things I’ll be looking to incorporate next year. I’ve been trying to source some organics as I would like to use that over the summer, CC and alfalfa at this point - haven’t had luck finding soybean meal up this way. Of course I plan to keep up the biofungicide program. I’m also going to do a 24h grub kill along with my normal grubX after seeing my neighbors yard get destroyed. No chances this year.

And my other big thing will be a 180g peninsula style reef tank. I’m going to need to balance time as well as find ways to dispose of “used” saltwater without killing the lawns of trees etc.

Riverpilot
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Post by Riverpilot » January 8th, 2020, 5:30 pm

I'm planning on going to a simpler fertilizer plan this year. I tried a few different products last year (2019 summer) just to test.
I'll be going back to pretty much milo and 46-0-0 for the entire year.

That and I'm planning on putting down more peat moss, at least for the front and side lawn.
Also going to change irrigation schedules, length of watering, etc..

KnickLeDime
Grass Type: 1/3 Kentucky Blue, 1/3 Fescue and 1/3 Perennial Rye
Level: Novice

Post by KnickLeDime » January 9th, 2020, 11:24 am

Had great success after bad grub damage...overseed/seed looks like it took quite well especially in the badly damages areas that didn't fully recover. Plan is to adjust based on what the soil test says but continue to largely enhance and strengthen the lawn. Was very pleased with last years with recovery even prior to overseed. Lawn naturally filled in the overseed should help that along.

I did triple -19, milo and copper, zinc, boron. We'll see how well that took after steady application last year, especially the micros.

micvog
Grass Type: Mazama Monostand
Lawn Size: 1000-3000

Post by micvog » January 11th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Two changes for me...

1. Going to do a soil test in the Spring and let that drive my feeding plan for 2020. I haven't done a test the past 2 years.
2. Leveling. Got the 36" R&R Leveling Rake and starting to identify local sources for leveling material.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix

Post by edslawn » January 12th, 2020, 10:32 am

A few changes for me...
Need to get soil tested in the spring. Also, doing a large (professional) renovation of my back yard with substantial regrading, new fencing and adding new 12x20' barn for the tractor and related lawn stuff. While the back is getting professional attention, I am planning on using my new Johnny bucket to spread topsoil for some leveling and tan bark. Also want to remove some trees and open up the canopy a bit. Coordinating the timing of the improvements is my biggest challenge right now--and also minimizing front lawn damage.

The plan for the regrading was to use sod since it is spring and we are hoping to get it established quickly to enjoy it, so any advice on how to properly do spring sodding would be welcome.