Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
thalaivar
Grass Type: CRF, PR, KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Novice

Weed Identification

Post by thalaivar » May 12th, 2020, 11:37 pm

Folks,

I'm trying to figure out the course of action for my front yard. Last year I did the backyard and overall, it's come out reasonably well. There are patches of weeds in the yard which I plan to spray over the next couple of days.

I'm attaching some images to get confirmation of the different weeds I have both in my front yard and also the back yard.

The size of the front yard is approximately 3100 square feet or so. Based on that size, I used about 4.5 fluid ounces of the Momentum 4-score herbicide that I was able to purchase from Site One. I used a 2 gallon pump sprayer to spray the yard. I added about half an ounce of dish soap just to make the solution stick better to the weeds.

I do see some wilting of the weeds now. It is day 3 after spraying the yard.

Image - Remains of a Dandelion, another one looks like Creeping Buttercup, not sure about the other one
Image - Rounded leaf look like either Sheep Sorrel and/or Wood Sorrel, another one looks to be Wild Violet, not sure about the other one

From the looks of it, though I might require a few applications, especially if I'm dealing with Wild Violets.

thalaivar
Grass Type: CRF, PR, KBG
Lawn Size: 1000-3000
Level: Novice

Re: Weed Identification

Post by thalaivar » May 13th, 2020, 8:06 am

thalaivar wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 11:37 pm
Folks,

I'm trying to figure out the course of action for my front yard. Last year I did the backyard and overall, it's come out reasonably well. There are patches of weeds in the yard which I plan to spray over the next couple of days.

I'm attaching some images to get confirmation of the different weeds I have both in my front yard and also the back yard.

The size of the front yard is approximately 3100 square feet or so. Based on that size, I used about 4.5 fluid ounces of the Momentum 4-score herbicide that I was able to purchase from Site One. I used a 2 gallon pump sprayer to spray the yard. I added about half an ounce of dish soap just to make the solution stick better to the weeds.

I do see some wilting of the weeds now. It is day 3 after spraying the yard.

Remains of a Dandelion, another one looks like Creeping Buttercup, not sure about the other one
Rounded leaf looks like either Sheep Sorrel and/or Wood Sorrel, another one looks to be Wild Violet, not sure about the other one
Other Weeds, not sure about any of these
Other Weeds, not sure about any of these

From the looks of it, though I might require a few applications, especially if I'm dealing with Wild Violets.