MorpheusPA
Grass Type: Elite KBG
Lawn Size: 10000-20000
Level: Advanced

Re: Who's vaccinated?

Post by MorpheusPA » April 8th, 2021, 2:32 pm

How are you so far?

bpgreen
Grass Type: Western, Streambank, Crested wheatgrass in front (with blue grama added in the heckstrips), sheep fescue in back; strawberry clovetr in both
Lawn Size: 3000-5000
Level: Experienced

Post by bpgreen » April 9th, 2021, 1:59 am

edslawn wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 7:33 am
First shot this afternoon... not looking forward to the side effects.
I haven't heard of many people having bad reactions to the first shot unless they had already had covid.

I've read that younger people (<55 years old) are more likely to have stronger reactions to the second dose than older people, but I also know somebody in his 60s who was pretty sick for a day or so.

I got my second shot about 12 hours ago. So far, so good.

edslawn
Grass Type: Northern Mix
Lawn Size: 20000-1 acre
Level: Some Experience

Post by edslawn » April 9th, 2021, 8:15 am

I got the shot at 2:30p yesterday as of 8am today, I'm fine. I'm 56 with no health issues other than mild hypertension. I've heard the stories about different reactions and the reasons. All seems pretty random, but I'm hoping that I can make it through morning calls and then I can relax all weekend if needed.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » April 9th, 2021, 11:10 am

Awesome! And with that, I did just get a call to schedule an appointment for mine--next Tuesday. One city down the line, so a bit of a drive, but no big deal. I have no idea which vaccine I'm getting and don't much care. Although if it's the Johnson and Johnson I'll consider myself unvaccinated until I can get either the Moderna or Pfizer.

edslawn

Post by edslawn » April 9th, 2021, 1:32 pm

MorpheusPA wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 11:10 am
Awesome! And with that, I did just get a call to schedule an appointment for mine--next Tuesday. One city down the line, so a bit of a drive, but no big deal. I have no idea which vaccine I'm getting and don't much care. Although if it's the Johnson and Johnson I'll consider myself unvaccinated until I can get either the Moderna or Pfizer.
Great news! I got the Moderna, so hopefully you get one of the rDNA vaccines.

bpgreen
Grass Type: Western, Streambank, Crested wheatgrass in front (with blue grama added in the heckstrips), sheep fescue in back; strawberry clovetr in both

Post by bpgreen » April 10th, 2021, 1:40 am

MorpheusPA wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 11:10 am
I think you're overly pessimistic about the JJ vaccine. From what I've read, it was tested in different conditions.

And it's 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and death, which is the main concern.

I got Pfizer, but if i got JJ, I'd be happy.

pristinegreen75
Grass Type: Bluegrass in back, Northern mix in front
Lawn Size: 5000-10000

Post by pristinegreen75 » April 10th, 2021, 8:24 pm

I got my second Moderna Monday and I felt tired (lethargic) Tues but that was about it. I'm 69. We all have different DNA so it seems reactions to the vaccine would be very much all over the spectrum. Glad most everyone here is not having too much of an issue!

bpgreen

Post by bpgreen » April 11th, 2021, 12:44 am

I got my first shot around noon on Thursday. About 4:30 Friday afternoon, I got extremely tired, both sleepy and hard to move. I slept for an hour or so and stayed in bed longer. Skipped swimming and biking.

Felt fine today.

turf_toes
Grass Type: 77% Blueberry/23% Midnight Star KBG in front. Bewitched KBG monostand in back.
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

Post by turf_toes » April 11th, 2021, 9:16 am

bpgreen wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 12:44 am
I got my first shot around noon on Thursday. About 4:30 Friday afternoon, I got extremely tired, both sleepy and hard to move. I slept for an hour or so and stayed in bed longer. Skipped swimming and biking.

Felt fine today.
My nephew works at Johns Hopkins. He says it isn’t uncommon to have more unpleasant side effects after the 2nd Pfizer shot (for two or three days). That’s the one he got too.

andy10917
Grass Type: Emblem KBG (Front); Blueberry KBG Monostand (Back)
Lawn Size: 1 acre-2 acre

Post by andy10917 » April 11th, 2021, 10:50 am

I agree. I got vaccinated in January. My first shot led to nothing in the way of side effects. The second shot gave my about 3 hours of on-and-off chills. My wife had soreness in the arm after the first shot, but had fatigue and felt crappy for a full day after the second shot. Both of us had the Pfizer vaccine.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » April 11th, 2021, 4:06 pm

bpgreen wrote:
April 10th, 2021, 1:40 am
I think you're overly pessimistic about the JJ vaccine. From what I've read, it was tested in different conditions.

And it's 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and death, which is the main concern.

I got Pfizer, but if i got JJ, I'd be happy.
Probably. I'd prefer something that's 90% effective at preventing illness completely and, more importantly, preventing hospitalizations in populations with pre-existing conditions (which is what I am with the heart thingy). Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be what the JJ vaccination does.

My doctor assured me I won't be offered it anyway due to my history and patient background. Very few doses are offered in PA, mostly to "unreliable" populations where second-dosing is difficult. Coverage just isn't good enough for a high-population, high-spread state where we already expect a lot of..."political" resistance. To be kind. Which I'm not really in the mood to be, but very well.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » April 13th, 2021, 5:52 pm

And, as of this morning, I guess nobody's getting the JJ vaccination so it's a moot point...

I did get my Moderna vaccine at a Friendly Local Hospital this morning myself, however. Injection #1 complete. Seven hours later, accelerated heart rate, headache, a slight fever, and so on, so about normal for a vaccination. My immune system tends to get on the case and play Kill, Kill, Kill. This is usually useful, but an overreaction when getting a vaccine...

edslawn

Post by edslawn » April 14th, 2021, 7:08 am

@morpheuspa Glad to hear you got your first shot... Hopefully, you are feeling better this morning.

fun4me2

Post by fun4me2 » April 14th, 2021, 8:22 am

I'm getting the Pfizer one.
First shot went well. Had a little bit of a "foggy" feeling in my head for a few days.
I'm hearing most side affects from others (my age bracket 65+) 2nd shot of Pfizer is fatigue for a day.
Some nothing at all.
The younger ones are getting the chills and temps for a day after the 2nd shot.
Going for my 2nd shot on Friday.

As a retired nurse, I still rather giveth then receive it (shots that is) :)

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » April 14th, 2021, 10:35 am

The morning after, I feel fine. A little head fog, a slightly sore arm. That's all that remains. I'd rank it as 1/20th as bad as a tetanus shot, which tends to knock me on my butt. One other person in my game group got his shot yesterday as well and we both had nearly identical side effects, with the result that our Tuesday online game night was postponed.

HSB3-LI
Grass Type: Blueberry, Midnight, Prosperity Kentucky Bluegrass

Post by HSB3-LI » April 15th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Fully vaccinated, got the Pfizer vaccine straight from the source at their campus. Felt crummy after both doses. Aches, chills, mild headache, and very tired on the day after both times.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » April 16th, 2021, 1:42 am

As I noted on my Artists thread, I dyed three times after my first Moderna dose, so maybe that should be a listed side effect. But all three dye batches came out successfully, so that's good.

Dchall_San_Antonio
Grass Type: St Augustine

Post by Dchall_San_Antonio » April 25th, 2021, 5:02 pm

We got our second Moderna shots April 15. My wife got slammed with side effects including muscle aches, skin sensitivity, chills, and drowsiness. She managed to stay awake for Friday, work, and drive home. Then she collapsed in bed and didn't get up again until morning. Saturday she felt fine again. At about 6pm Friday I felt a slight chill and took my temp. It was 1 degree higher than my normal, and the chilling effect reflected about a 1 on the chill scale. Then it went away. No other symptoms for me.

In San Antonio they are limiting their hours of operation as the supply of vaccine outpaces the demand for shots. At this point you can walk in and get the vaccine, although they would prefer you make an appointment. Problem is people are making the appt and not showing up.

edslawn

Post by edslawn » April 25th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Dchall_San_Antonio wrote:
April 25th, 2021, 5:02 pm
We got our second Moderna shots April 15. My wife got slammed with side effects including muscle aches, skin sensitivity, chills, and drowsiness. She managed to stay awake for Friday, work, and drive home. Then she collapsed in bed and didn't get up again until morning. Saturday she felt fine again. At about 6pm Friday I felt a slight chill and took my temp. It was 1 degree higher than my normal, and the chilling effect reflected about a 1 on the chill scale. Then it went away. No other symptoms for me.

In San Antonio they are limiting their hours of operation as the supply of vaccine outpaces the demand for shots. At this point you can walk in and get the vaccine, although they would prefer you make an appointment. Problem is people are making the appt and not showing up.
Sorry to hear about your wife, but good that she only suffered for a short time and now should be safe. I've got my fingers crossed for a good second shot response.

MorpheusPA

Post by MorpheusPA » April 25th, 2021, 8:08 pm

Same's happening here, people are making multiple appointments and showing up for one--and not canceling the others. Which leads to lots of ordered and potentially wasted vaccines. Which is how a friend of mine got hers, along with her entire office, not that she was complaining.

DH gets his Thursday and took Friday off just in case, but isn't expecting any actual issues. He's going to get the Pfizer. My second Moderna comes up in a few weeks.