SUNNILAND Crabgrass Control 0-0-7 with 0.172% Dithiopyr

Kentucky bluegrass, Fescue, Rye and Bent, etc
Ric Clint
Grass Type: TTTF Mix of Cochise IV & Bullseye
Lawn Size: Not Specified
Level: Not Specified

SUNNILAND Crabgrass Control 0-0-7 with 0.172% Dithiopyr

Post by Ric Clint » May 5th, 2016, 5:31 am

I was wanting to find the Lesco 0-0-7 with Dimension at John Deere Landscapes (now called SiteOne Landscape supply) but the closest one to me (there's 4 in surrounding cities near me) that still had it in stock was like 1.5 hours to me so I checked for something a little closer than that. Home Depot had the Lesco 0-0-7 but it didn't have Dimension, instead it had Pendimethalin.

I wanted Dimension instead of Pendimethalin for a couple reasons:
1.) Dimension offers "Pre" and some "Post" Crabgrass Control, so that is important
2.) I'm wanting to Overseed in the Fall around Late-August/Early-September and I think that Dimension only last 3-4 months and the Pendimethalin I wasn't sure? So Dimension seems to be the way to go.

So the only 0-0-7 I could find with Dimension was as at Lowes... called SUNNILAND Professional Crabgrass Control 0-0-7 with 0.172% Dithiopyr (Dimension)
Link is here: http://www.lowes.com/pd_552704-31102-11 ... +crabgrass

On the actual bag, it says the Dithiopyr (Dimension) provides Pre-Emergence AND "early Post-Emergence" control for Crabgrass. But what confuses me, is the bag also says the Application Rate for North Carolina is 3.33lbs per 1,000sf in which provides Pre-Emergent control for 3-5 months... BUT... it also says that Rate will ONLY cover the Pre-Emergence and NOT the "early Post-Emergence".
So what does that mean?

1st picture shows the Application Rate for NC of 3.33lbs per 1,000sf:

2nd picture shows where it says the Rate will ONLY cover the Pre-Emergence and NOT the "early Post-Emergence". In the picture, go down to the very last line:

3rd picture shows the 0-0-7 with 0.172% Dithiopyr label:

Has anybody used this particular brand/product with success?

Thanks!

mnmsrt8
Grass Type: Mostly NoMix

Re: SUNNILAND Crabgrass Control 0-0-7 with 0.172% Dithiopyr

Post by mnmsrt8 » May 5th, 2016, 8:49 am

I looked all over for an 0-0-? with Dimension in the Minneapolis area and couldn't find it (turns out the bit of N wasn't that big of a deal with the stuff I ended up with). I have a SiteOne within 10 minutes from me, and he said they only had their 13-0-2. Honestly, not sure if that was what they had left, or the only thing they had.

I have no comments on the brand.....sorry

BoatDrinksQ5
Grass Type: 9k of KBG (2013 sod) Blue-tastic, Corsair, BlackJack, Empire

Re: SUNNILAND Crabgrass Control 0-0-7 with 0.172% Dithiopyr

Post by BoatDrinksQ5 » May 5th, 2016, 9:46 am

You can compare that label to any other product that has that same concentration of Dithiopyr %, at .17%,

some labels are a little bit more in depth/instructional. I don't see why the post emergent control should be effected - especially if you are putting it down at southern or coastal program rates...(high rate)

http://www.springvalleyusa.com/sites/de ... ension.pdf (a different brand, with a little bit different wording )

this one lays out different application rates, areas, discusses split applications... etc.